Group Opportunities (inactive)
Many hands make light work! Groups of all shapes and sizes can make a difference on our campus with either a one-time opportunity or an ongoing commitment. Youth groups and those with minors need one adult supervisor from their organization for every 5 teenagers.
- Adopt-a-Room: Adopt a warehouse, dorm, or building and commit to the ongoing maintenance and improvement of that area. Available for adoption are three warehouses, three men’s dorms, our women’s dorm, our commercial kitchen, three dayrooms, two residential recovery houses, two chapels, postgraduate apartments, numerous classrooms, and our conference center. Time commitment – once a quarter minimum, monthly commitment ideal. No group size limit.
- Campus Care: We have two large garden areas, a fruit orchard in the works, multiple beehives, chicken coops, two playgrounds, and many “yet to be beautified” areas on our 7.5-acre campus. Have a vision for one of these areas? Your group could adopt one of the outdoor areas! Draft and submit a landscaping plan, fundraise supplies, and get your group organized. Time commitment – once a quarter minimum, monthly commitment ideal. No group size limit.
- Mission Work Days.
- Hospitality Chapel. Consider hosting a Hospitality Chapel Thursday or Sunday evening with your church or home group first by serving dinner @ 5 pm and then leading a worship service @ 7 pm. Teams of four are ideal with a chapel leader for both the Men’s Center and the Women’s Center which hold chapel simultaneously.
- Serve Dinner. Groups can help serve dinner each night. Take one night a week or even one night a month and bless our guests with good, nutritious food. Teams of up to four welcome.
- Capital Improvements Projects. These projects are inspired, funded, and staffed by you! These projects are ideal for scouts, youth groups, college groups, and missionary teams that also fundraise for supplies. Past projects have included building raised garden beds, painting one of our fourteen buildings, warehouse shelf construction, and planting an orchard among others. Be creative! No group size limit.
- Organize a Donation Drive: While all of our resources are generously supplied by the community, there are certain items of which we consistently run low. We would love it if your group organized a donation drive to stock our shelves. Please contact us directly to find our current needs.
- Warehouse Organization: Can your group help us organize one of our Donation Warehouses? Volunteer hours are scheduled between 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. 3-hour shift minimum. Maximum of 20 volunteers per day. So many wonderful donations are coming in and we need your help getting items sorted and to our guests as soon as possible!